Hi all! It’s wonderful to be back here at Ramblings…I LOVE this site! Yes, I’m a regular. In fact, my very first review (EVER) was posted here by Nikki. It was a review for Fated. I feel like I can let my hair down a little bit here and be myself.
Someone asked me the other day about what the heck was up with Alpha males. I mean, women are smart, independent, able to leap large buildings in a single bound…so do we really like Alpha males?
Ummm….YES. We really like Alpha males. Here are ten reasons why:
1) They protect us from the bad guys. Sure, our heroines leap into danger with a knife in one hand and a gun in the other. Me in real life? Uh, no. I’m standing behind the guy with the gun, clutching his shirt, and peeking around his tight, hot, six-pack of an abdomen. There’s something sexy about a guy who’d die for you. Really.
2) They want us. Yeah, when six and a half feet of muscle packed male flares his nostrils and gives us the ‘come here’ gesture with one finger…that’s hot. I don’t care how many PhD’s a gal has, when a tough guy wants you…it’s knee weakening.
3) They can bench press us. I like a smart guy as much as the next girl. But I like a tough, strong guy, too. They need to be strong to get the car off us if we’re in a wreck. Hey, it could happen.
4) They’re possessive and loyal. An Alpha male is loyal to his love…to the point of being too possessive. But a true Alpha who knows who he is and who he loves…will never stray. There’s no other gal for him. Now that kind of security rocks!
5) Alpha males are intelligent. Yeah, I know I just said they’re tough. But your favorite heroes? They’re smart. Smart enough to thwart the bad guy rights before they kick ass. Intelligence is sexy.
6) They’re emotionally strong. They have to be. Our heroines are smart, brilliant, and determined. The hero has to be just as smart and emotionally strong to be a match for the heroine. The Alpha is the entire package, baby.
7) They take charge. I know, as modern women, we’re not supposed to like a guy to take charge. But, if we’re in the middle of an ambush and the bad guys want me, I’d like a guy with knowledge and experience to get us the heck out of there. Me throwing my tennis shoe at the bad guy probably wouldn’t save me. The hero with his muscles and great brain…would. J
8) They’re confident. I don’t care who you are, sometimes it’s nice to kick back and not have to worry about the day, whether you’re being attacked by werewolves or just planning a picnic. The confident guy will figure it out while we read a nice romance novel.
9) They’re comfortable in their own skin. Really, how awesome would this be? They’re 100% comfortable and confident. As a woman in today’s society, it’s often tough to feel like that since most of us are not a size 0. I’m not even close. But our Alpha? Yeah, he is comfortable.
10) They’re gods in bed. Yeah, I went there. The Alpha can go forever, for several times, day or night. He’s hot, possessive, and dominant. And…he’s completely devoted to making it the best night of your life, because he wants to keep you forever. SIGH.
Well, I’d like to thank Nikki for having me over today, and I’d also like to thank Kelly Mueller for setting up this awesome blog tour for Hunted. I’d like to give away a physical copy of either Fated or Claimed to a commenter here today. What do you like about an Alpha male?
Contest open until 11:59pm EST 4/26/12 with winner announced the next day. International entries OK
BIO: Rebecca Zanetti has worked as an art curator, Senate aide, lawyer, college professor and a hearing examiner – only to culminate it all in stories about vampires and science. She is a member of RWA and several of its chapters and has won awards for her works throughout the industry.
Her favorite movie is “Life with Father” and her favorite book is “Raise High the Roofbeams, Carpenters.” She has a journalism degree with a poly sci emphasis from Pepperdine and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Idaho. Please visit Rebecca at: http://www.rebeccazanetti.com/
Please drop by my facebook page and like: http://www.facebook.com/RebeccaZanetti.Author.FanPage
Ready or Not
Moira Dunne is a witch–the quantum physics kind. Time and space are her playthings. Which might explain why her one-night stand from a hundred years ago has turned up to “claim” her–and request her family’s assistance with the war he’s brewing. But the more she learns about Connlan Kayrs, the more she comes to think this is normal behavior for him…
There’s Nowhere to Hide
When Conn and Moira tumbled on the moonlit grass, Conn hadn’t meant to mark her for his mate for all time. She was only twenty! But it wasn’t easy to wait for her. It was even harder to forget her. So when he finally returns for his wicked-hot witch, he’s ready to let the sparks fly. Even if he burns up in flames…